The Wheatstone VP-8 IP multimode audio processor gives the cost/performance envelope a nice upward push. VP-8 Plus, the broadcast industry’s first multi-mode broadcast audio processor, is equipped with six built-in and highly specialized independent processing functions.
VP-8 IP Overview
The VP-8 IP incorporates six highly specialized, built-in processing modes that may be changed at any time by the user.
Special processing algorithms designed by Wheatstone condition the audio appropriately for the special needs of each of the six operating modes. Audio is first pre-processed by a phase-linear four band AGC followed by an eight band multi-band limiter equipped with special mode-specific final processing. The final processing algorithms are unique for each mode and have been carefully designed to meet the special requirements of the intended audio transport mediums.
- FM, AM, FM-HD, AM-HD, MP3/AAC>48k and MP3/AAC<48k modes
- Phase Rotator enhances voice symmetry for cleaner processing
- Automatic AES/Analog audio failover to backup input
- Exclusive Multipath Limiter (FM mode) for mitigating effects of multipath
- Event scheduler for automatic preset/daypart switching
- Four band parametric EQ (either before or after the AGC)
- Four band linear-phase crossover with adjustable frequencies
- Smooth and clean Vorsis multiband dynamics processing
- Precision, ‘no-swish’ eight band multi-band limiter
- Highly specialized pre-processing algorithms extract the best possible audio quality from codec-based applications
- Updated presets for exceptional on-air presence
- FM and AM modes equipped with an advanced distortion masked clipper for loud, clean, absolute FM and AM peak control
- FM mode equipped with ‘Reference Grade’ stereo encoder
- AM mode offers adjustable positive asymmetry up to 150% as well as low frequency tilt correction and dual transmitter outputs
- AM Mode features selectable low pass filters for 4.5 kHz, 5 kHz, 5.5 kHz, 6.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, 6 kHz CCIR and 10 kHz NRSC
- Front panel setup and configuration menu eliminates the need for a PC during installation
- WheatNet-IP compatible
- Wheatstone® baseband192 built in for digital link to transmitter