Up to 6 Simultaneous Remotes plus WheatNet-IP
Rapidly expand your remote capability with the award winning Merlin PLUS with WheatNet-IP and manage up to 6 bidirectional mono connections with IP codecs or smartphones using Report-IT, saving money on codec hardware costs and reducing studio rack space requirements. The codec’s purpose-built rear panel provides a WheatNet-IP LAN interface for connecting to the WheatNet-IP Environment.
Merlin PLUS with WheatNet-IP offers a simple, compact and scalable solution for managing up to 6 simultaneous remotes and seamlessly interfaces with WheatNet-IP studio installations.
IP remotes can be performed over the public internet between a Merlin PLUS codec with WheatNet-IP at the studio and remote Tieline IP codecs or smartphones running the Report-IT Enterprise application.
Simultaneous Stereo Remotes with IFB
Merlin PLUS with WheatNet-IP is also capable of two simultaneous stereo or mono remotes with separate IFB communication channels.
WheatNet-IP Networking Applications
This version of the Merlin PLUS codec includes a purpose-built Tieline WheatNet audio card, which also provides compatibility with the AES67 standard for AoIP interoperability. The rear panel provides a WheatNet LAN interface for connecting the codec directly to a WheatNet-IP network for streaming IP audio. Two additional Ethernet ports allow IP streaming between the studio and 6 simultaneous bidirectional mono remotes, or two simultaneous stereo or mono remotes with separate IFB communication channels. This unique multiple remote capability is delivered by a single 19 inch x 1RU box, saving money on codec hardware costs and greatly reducing studio rack space requirements for broadcasters.
- Robust DSP-based architecture designed for rock solid, mission critical broadcast audio.
- 24 Bit 48kHz audio sampling.
- WheatNet-IP LAN port and Sync/Stream LEDs.
- Bidirectional Mono, Stereo or dual mono connections.
- 6 Simultaneous bidirectional mono remote connections.
- 2 Bidirectional mono or stereo remotes, each with separate bidirectional IFB communications channel.
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resiliant aptX® Enhanced algorithm.
- Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports support automatic switching for redundancy.
- Connect over Wi-Fi using USB Wi-Fi dongles.
- Primary and backup audio over IP, ISDN* and POTS*.
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming.
- Fuse-IP network bonding (data aggregation) of Ethernet ports or Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- SIP (SDP) compatible with EBU N/ACIP 3326 for interoperability with other codec manufacturers.
- Deterministic SIP answering and call routing: Configure up to 6 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces.
- Compatibility over ISDN with Worldcast, Prodys, Mayah, CDQ Prima, AETA, AEQ, Orban and more.
- Compatibility over ISDN using aptX Enhanced encoding with Worldcast, Prodys Prontonet and Mayah.
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies.
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics.
- Real-time POTS line quality and IP link quality displayed.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM meters and dialing key pad.
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs.
- Interfaces with Wheatstone Navigator software for source/destination configuration.
- Interfaces with Wheatstone Razor software for WheatNet-IP card configuration.
- Toolbox Scheduler supports loading/unloading, connecting and disconnecting programs.
- Auto switching, dual redundant internal AC power supplies.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready.
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode.
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel.
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port (4 inputs/outputs) functions, plus WheatNet-IP LIO compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from USB sticks.
- Backup and restore configuration via USB sticks.
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI.
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs.
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox Web-GUI.
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation.
- SIP Whitelists and Blacklists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
|Analog Audio Inputs||2 x Female XLR line inputs|
|Analog Audio Outputs||2 x Male XLR|
|Auxiliary Input||1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Mic/Line level Jack on rear panel (15V phantom power available)|
|Headphones Out/Aux Out||1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Jack on rear panel and 1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Jack on the front panel|
|Control Port In/Out||Four relay inputs and four opto-isolated outputs for machine control via a DB15 connector.|
|Audio Input Impedance||High Impedance > 5K ohm|
|Output Impedance||<50 ohm Balanced|
|Clipping Level||+22dBu (input and outputs)|
|A/D & D/A Converters||24 bit|
|Frequency Response at 48kHz||20Hz to 22kHz|
|THD and Noise (Analog)||<0.0035% at +16dBu or -89dBu unweighted|
|THD and Noise (Digital)||<0.000056%|
|Analog Signal To Noise Ratio||>98.5dB at +22dBu, unweighted|
|IP Sample Frequencies||16kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz|
|IP||Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG-1 Layer 2, MP3, LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AACv2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, Opus, 16/24 bit aptX Enhanced|
|IP (uncompressed)||Linear PCM16/24 bit 48kHz sampling|
|Data and Control Interfaces|
|USB||USB 2.0 Host port on the front panel supports Wi-Fi using a USB Wi-Fi dongle and USB stick firmware upgrades|
|LAN||2 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 connectors|
|Advanced Networking||VLAN tagging (IEEE 802.1Q,802.1p)|
|WheatNet-IP LAN||1 x 10/100 RJ45 connector to distribute WheatNet-IP audio|
|Serial||RS232 up to 115kbps with or without CTS/RTS flow control via female DB9 connector, can be used as a proprietary data channel|
|Protocols Supported||Tieline, DHCP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN, IPv4/v6, FEC, SIP/SDP (EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compliant), RTP, I3P EBU3347 compliant, AES67|
|ISDN via module||Optional via module slot|
|POTS via module||Optional via module slot|
|Front Panel Interfaces|
|Display||256 x 64 monochrome LCD|
|Keypad||21 button keypad|
|Navigation||5 button keypad|
|Size||1U x 19″ Rackmount|
|Dimensions||19” x 1.75” x 13.5” [482mm (W) x 44mm (H) x 343mm (D) including rear connectors]|
|Power Consumption||Dual AC 100-240V IEC power inlets; 1A – 50-60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Humidity Operating Range||20% ≤RH ≤70% (0 to 35°C/32°F to 95°F), non-condensing|