Key Workflow: Delivery of multiple audio services over IP networks
IQOYA *SERV/LINK is a high density 1U rack multi-channel IP audio codec designed for the delivery of audio programs in applications such as multiple STL and SSL links; delivery of multiple WEB radios to CDNs; multiple program delivery to DVB/cable operators; multiple intercom and commentary channels; and IP audio transcoding.
At a glance
IQOYA *SERV/LINK handles up to 64 stereo (128 mono) input and output channels in 1U, with the possibility to simultaneous encode and stream the audio inputs at multiple formats and protocols, decode IP audio streams to the outputs, and transcode IP audio streams. It features two hot swappable redundant PSU, two Ethernet ports, and supports different types of audio I/Os (AES/EBUs, or analog, or MADI, or AES67/RAVENNA, or AES67/RAVENNA and MADI). IQOYA *SERV/LINK can be fully controlled and monitored from its embedded WEB pages and through SNMP.
- Developed for: Radio Broadcasting (SSL, STL, WEB radio streaming, DVB audio), TV/Video Broadcasting (multiple intercom and commentary)
- Scalable number of supported audio I/Os through licence upgrade (MADI and AES67 versions)
- Scalable number of streams to be transcoded through licence upgrade
- Available with different types of audio connections: Analog and AES/EBU, or AES/EBU, or MADI, or AES67 / RAVENNA, or AES67 / RAVENNA and MADI, or only IP audio (transcoding)
- Simultaneous delivery of multiple audio programs to transmitter sites, WEB radio CDNs, DVB multiplexers, or studios
- Up to 3 decoding priorities per output (with automatic switching between priorities in case of decoding priority audio source loss). Sources can be IP audio streams, local backup playlists and sound files, audio inputs
- Remote monitoring of the codec in a standard supervisor application based on SNMP or DataMiner
- High audio channels density in a 1U rack: up to 16 stereo AES/EBU channels, or 8 analog stereo channels, or 64 MADI stereo channels*, or 64 AES67 stereo channels*, or 64 AES67 and MADI stereo channels*
- Two hot swappable redundant power supply units
- Two Ethernet RJ-45 ports (separate control and IP audio traffic, or backup network, or redundant dual streaming)
- Additional RJ-45 ports for AES67
- Optional RS232 ports and GPIOs for auxiliary data tunnelling
- Supported formats: PCM, G711, G722, MPEG L2& L3, Opus, Fraunhofer MPEG4-AAC (AAC-LC, AAC-LD, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AAC-ELD), and optional Qualcomm aptX
- Up to 16 MPX over AES192
- Standard streaming: ACIP RTP, UDP, Icecast/Shoutcast, MPEG-TS/IP SPTS or MPTS
- Encoding, decoding, and transcoding
- VLANs, QoS, IGMPv3
- WEB and SNMP control, monitoring and alarming* The number of channels that can be encoded/decoded simultaneously depend on the compression format and the number of encoding instances per audio source.